Are you looking for ways to make this unusual Mother’s Day still feel special? In this post I’m sharing ideas for just that, as well as my favorite picks for the absolute best Mother’s Day gifts ~ no matter what type of mom yours is!
Though our Mother’s Day won’t be looking quite the same this year, I still want to make it feel special. Both for myself, and for my own mom. There are lots of ways to make this one feel a little more significant. And I’m also sharing some unique, thought out gifts that any mom would love to have.
Whenever I do a gift guide, I always start with the things that I’m eyeing for myself 😉 Of course, I branch out from there as well, but suffice it to say that most of these gifts are things I’d love to get!
And this year, I thought I’d talk about two popular categories that are a strong pull for most of us right now: cozy, stay-at-home items and cooking and baking favorites!
As most of us are still sheltering in place and spending a great deal of time at home, there’s nothing like cozy “homebody” favorites to make us feel safe, comfortable, and secure. And if Instagram is any indication, many of us are baking and cooking more than ever, so I’m sharing some of my favorite items in that category, too!
Mother’s Day Gift Guide for the Baker or Cook
- Magnolia Cookbook Volume 2: I loved the first Magnolia cookbook, and I’m sure this one won’t disappoint.
- A simple but sweet coffee mug with the sentiment that sums it all up!
- This KitchenAid Artisan Mixer with the hobnail bowl is absolutely gorgeous! Pretty enough to leave on the counter.
- Oster cordless wine bottle opener: Okay, seriously one of my absolute favorite gadgets I own!
- My Le Creuset dutch ovens are work horses that are definitely worth the investment, and this fig color is so pretty.
- Love this stoneware sugar canister and it’s a great price. (Comes in a flour version, too).
- This kitchen measuring set will add charm to any cook’s kitchen.
- A classic, white cake stand is essential in my kitchen, and the Gabriella cake stand is especially pretty.
- I’m in love with this adorable jute bag with the truest saying ever 😉
- This personalized recipe plate is such a special and one-of-a-kind gift!
- The adorable “Mom” embroidered gift towel will bring a smile to her in the kitchen.
- This Cuisinart belgian waffle maker is my favorite! Works great and gets amazing reviews. We love it!
Mother’s Day Gift Guide for the Homebody
- I love that this throw is made of linen. Perfect for spring or summer when you may still want to cozy up in front of the TV but don’t want to get too hot.
- I’ve been wanting to get a facial roller for awhile now, and this one is not only pretty but gets great reviews, too!
- Possibly my favorite thing I’ve found this year! This is such a great way to personalize a puzzle and make it more meaningful. Great gift for Grandma, too!
- Who doesn’t love a pretty, feminine, and luxurious robe to lounge in?
- I’ve been having trouble sleeping since the beginning of all this, so I’m looking forward to trying this calming mist.
- Deborah Lippmann makes the best nail colors, and this set of 5 pretty pastels is perfect for spring.
- The Slip silk pillowcase is a personal favorite, and now it comes in 9 colors as well as king size.
- I love the simplicity of this pretty initial pendant, and it looks more expensive than it is.
- The monogrammed agate coaster is such an elegant piece to set your coffee or tea on.
- If you haven’t tried Birdies yet, you seriously have to! The most comfortable shoes on the planet, and they come in different materials as well as 12 colors.
- This instant photo printer gets your photos off of your phone and into frames!
- The epitome of elegance, all the Tocca scents are gorgeous but the Cleopatra is especially delicious.
- This bathtub caddy might be the most perfect Mother’s Day gift!
Ideas for Making this Mother’s Day More Unique
As far as making this year still feel special, whether these are things you do for yourself, or encourage your own mom to do, I think they can go a long way to making it feel like more than a typical Sunday!
- Have a special meal. Whether that’s breakfast in bed made by your husband and children, a take-out meal so you don’t have to cook, or a big brunch, make sure at least one of the three meals that day is more than average – and that you aren’t the one to cook it!
- And while you’re at it, make sure you eat dessert. This isn’t something I eat every day, but I think a holiday calls for it. It just feels inherently special when there’s a gorgeous dessert involved!
- Maybe buy some flowers when you’re at the grocery store that week. Of course, if your husband or children think to buy them, that’s even better! But if not, add them to the cart when you’re there and set them on the table during that special meal. They will make you feel better. I promise.
- Stream (or rent) a movie. This is not something we’ve ever done on Mother’s Day, but I’m planning on doing it this year! And of course, it will be my choice. So if I want Sound of Music or Something’s Gotta Give for the 7th time, no one’s allowed to complain 😉
- Do something as a family. Since we’re sheltering in place this could be something as simple as going for a drive, taking a walk or hike, playing a family game, or doing a puzzle. Just so it’s something you don’t do on a typical weekend.
I hope this has given you some ideas for making your Mother’s Day special ~ even in the midst of this strange and sometimes scary time we’re living through. We can still show our moms that we love them, and if we celebrate with simple things it doesn’t make it any less festive.
We don’t need brunch at the country club to show our moms that we love them. In fact, I would argue that a special meal, some flowers, and a family game or movie might feel a whole lot more meaningful than that brunch would have.
Wishing you all a wonderful Mother’s Day – no matter who you spend it with.
In honor of Mother’s Day, you may want to take a peek at some of my other shopping guides – for yourself or your mom!