Are you looking for ways to make Mother’s Day feel special? In this post I’m sharing ideas for just that, as well as my favorite picks for the absolute best Mother’s Day gifts ~ no matter what type of mom yours is!
Time certainly goes by quickly in our busy lives, so if you’re anything like me, you haven’t given much thought to your Mother’s Day gifts yet. I’m a terrible procrastinator and I usually end up sending flowers simply because I wait too long, and then everything I do like is sold out!
So this year I’ve started a little earlier, and I’ve set out to find fun, interesting, and beautiful gifts that any mom would want. So whether your mom is into the traditional gifts of jewelry and beauty items, is the creative type, or loves staying home, I think you’ll find the perfect gift for her!
And if you’re buying for your daughter, aunt, sister, or friend, there’s something for her as well. And of course, feel free to send this list to your husband or partner.
Hint, hint. 😉
THIS POST MAY INCLUDE AFFILIATE LINKS. CLICK HERE FOR MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY.
1.This special edition Scrabble game is beyond adorable and features a garden design.
2. Love this adorable “Mama Needs More Coffee” mug!
3. This gorgeous scalloped rattan tray is perfect for the entertainer.
4. These gorgeous pearl earrings are 14K gold-filled and come in two sizes.
5. This “Mama” candle is the perfect gift for any mom.
6. A robe is always popular, and this floral cotton and silk robe is a stunner!
7. Classic style zipper leather tote comes in seven colors.
8. A perfect gift for that special mom, this “mama” necklace is so sweet! (another great one here).
9. Romantic and practical, these drinking glasses come in sets of four in pink, blue, or green.
10. This neutral eye-shadow palette is so versatile and one of my faves!
11. There’s a reason this French brand floral scented dry-oil is a cult favorite – it’s amazing! (The original scent is also incredible).
A few more great Mother’s Day gifts below (including some personal favorites!)
This Dyson cordless vacuum is an investment but worth every penny – don’t know how I lived without it before!
Boll & Branch makes my favorite sheets, and I just added this lighter-weight blanket to our bed for summer.
We bought a set of Away luggage for Christmas and love it! (the pink color is on major sale!)
This handbag and this one are both on my wish list.
This night cream is worth the hype!
These pajamas are always a hit (I buy them over and over again).
Ideas for Making this Mother’s Day More Special
Whether these are things you do for yourself, or encourage your own mom to do, I think they can go a long way to making it feel like extra special!
- Make sure to have a special meal. Whether that’s breakfast in bed made by your husband and children, a take-out meal so you don’t have to cook, or a big brunch, make sure at least one of the three meals that day is more than average – and that you aren’t the one to cook it!
- And while you’re at it, be sure to eat dessert. This isn’t something I eat every day, but I think a holiday calls for it. It just feels inherently special when there’s a gorgeous dessert involved so treat yourself!
- Maybe buy some flowers when you’re at the grocery store that week. Of course, if your husband or children think to buy them, that’s even better! But if not, add them to the cart when you’re there and set them on the table in a pretty vase. They will make you smile all weekend. 🙂
- Stream (or rent) a movie. This is not something we’ve ever done on Mother’s Day, but I’m planning on doing it this year! And of course, it will be my choice. So if I want Sound of Music or Something’s Gotta Give for the 7th time, no one’s allowed to complain 😉
- Do something as a family. This could be something as simple as going for a drive, taking a hike, or playing a family game. Of course, you could also go out to a movie, museum, play, or brunch. Just so it’s something you don’t do on a typical weekend.
- Arrange to do some things for your mom she can’t do herself, or likewise, have your husband finish those ‘honey-do’s’ he’s been promising you. Sometimes this can be the best gift ever!
I hope this has given you some ideas for great Mother’s Day gifts, as well as ways to make the day feel special! I think the most important thing is that the day feels out-of-the-ordinary in some way.
That can be the typical restaurant brunch if you choose (this is your day after all!) but it could also be something as simple as a hike or a picnic in the park.
Just because you celebrate with simple pleasures doesn’t make it any less festive, or special. In fact, sometimes those turn out to be the best days of all.
Wishing you all a wonderful Mother’s Day – no matter who you spend it with.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out more spring and summer inspiration below!