Well, it’s only a little over two weeks until Christmas (how did that happen?!) and I know this is when the stress levels can really go up. Between ordering cards, hosting events with family and friends, having to bake or bring food to parties, and decorating our own houses, sometimes gift-giving can feel like a chore. However, I’m here to say it doesn’t have to be! I know there are people who don’t relish the job of hunting for gifts, but I actually love it. And filling the stockings is one of my favorite things to do! My husband and I still fill each other’s stockings and I bet we will even when the kids are gone!
When I was growing up, “stocking” gifts weren’t only little things that fit in the stocking. My mom always had other slightly bigger things that she’d put more thought into and they were in the stocking along with the other smaller things, or if they didn’t fit, they were “next” to the stocking. Not all stocking stuffers have to be in the stocking! This is something I do now with my own children, and I have so much fun finding things that will be either useful or meaningful even if they aren’t small enough to fit inside. I’m all for cheap if I can find it, but the last thing I want to do is buy things from the dollar bin that will just get thrown out and become landfill later.
So those are the guidelines I’ve used to make my Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide for Men & Women. Practical, useful, and cute is the criteria! And nothing that will go in the trash or junk drawer later!
Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide for Women
- These “glittens” (yes, they are called that!) are part glove, part mitten. Brilliant.
- Leather charger roll-up. Stash all manner of chargers and cables and roll it all up for safe travels.
- Chunky cable-knit beanie with an adorable faux-fur pompom? Yes, please!
- Classic charades game. Timeless, age-less fun for all.
- These plush chamois socks are so cozy! And I love the cute reindeer design, too.
- Women’s plaid pajama bottoms in a classic menswear style. Love these.
- Inspirational pencil set has phrases full of motivation. An inspired gift!
- The Google Home Mini is one of the hottest gifts of the season! And it’s perfect for anyone on your list!
- Rosebud Salve is the best conditioning lip moisturizer around (and it smells amazing!) I have these stashed in my purse and in several areas around the house!
- Large monogrammed clutch holds essentials and comes with a matching small pouch.
- These table topics cards make for fun conversation starters around the table. One of my absolute favorite gifts to give to families.
- These J.Crew moccasin slippers are a personal favorite!
- Who doesn’t love a fun graphic sweatshirt for cozy nights at home? And the “Peace” message is particularly appropriate for the season.
Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide for Men
- These handsome striped gloves allow you to use your smartphone without taking them off!
- Not romantic, I know, but so practical! And this one’s steel, not plastic, and has a light.
- An adults-only game that is wicked fun to play. Makes a great gift for neighbors, nephews, or couples friends.
- Best-selling memoir from the astronaut who spent a year aboard the International Space Station.
- This fun pewter paperweight makes a great gift for the baseball fan in your life!
- Playful and seasonally-appropriate socks.
- A smartphone car mount that really works! I got this for my husband last year and he loves it.
- Industrial strength healers provide relief from dry, chapped hands and lips.
- The Carry-On Cocktail Kit has to be the cutest stocking stuffer ever! Comes in several different drink versions, too, so you can pick his favorite 🙂
- Give him his favorite team on a toothbrush (I’m doing this for my husband and son this year!)
- A wireless bluetooth speaker is a great gift for anyone and everyone on your list. Literally everyone in my family has one of these and we all love it!
- Every man who grills needs a nice grill tool set, and this one comes with a monogrammed case.
- This portable phone battery charger is twice as fast as the one that comes with the iPhone!
- My husband got these as a gift a few years ago and we use them all the time! The iceballs keep cocktails cold without diluting them, and they look ultra-cool.
*please note: some affiliate links have been included for your convenience*
This Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide can work whether you are doing Christmas stockings for your family, need a small gift for fellow office mates, a Hanukkah gift (that starts in five days!), or even a hostess gift. I would love to receive any of these myself (in fact some of them I already own) and they all make great, versatile, and affordable gifts – for a stocking or otherwise!
Also, you can get to all my Holiday Gift Guides by clicking on the “Shop” tab on the top of the page, or by clicking on the links below: